Tuesday, March 4, 2008

For Real? or yet another rumor

Now, rarely will I comment on something until I hear it from the horses mouth, in this case Brett Favre...but Senior NFL writer for Fox Sports, Jay Glazer, reports that Favre is retiring!



Well needless to say this news prompted some flashbacks to the times I've seen him play. I've actually been to three games at Lambeau and one at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. Truly awesome to watch him command the field! So after first hearing the news I went into denial and a range of questions went through my head..."it can't be, can it?" "why?" "what is he going to do now?" In all honesty I am not worried about the Packers QB position really that much because Aaron Rodgers had stepped up earlier this past season and looked good. My concern is much more with the fact that the NFL, mainly the Packers, are losing a leader, a legend, and an icon on the football field. Perhaps the town and the fans of Green Bay will be the ones more affected by this though. The fact is that he was a true class act and represented the people of Wisconsin and the fans of Green Bay in a professional way...and this is what make him a legend.

Mark my words...it will be the water cooler talk of the decade here in Wisconsin!


No comments: