Thursday, February 14, 2008

Political Headaches

Let me preface this subject with the point that I am an optimistic indivdual, but as the caucuses and primaries near an end (or at least the decisive ones) for the 2008 presidential nominees...my head begins to burst. Why?

First, we start to see the insane amount of money that is being tallied up. This year, according to Open Secrets we will probably exceed the $1 billion mark for total candidates spending on their political campaigning....seriously! Now perhaps I am the only one that finds this ridiculous, but considering the candidates are arguing about people not being able to afford rising health care, or the fact that a record number of home foreclosures has been seen...I feel that any statements coming out of these candidates mouths is a bit contradictory. Yes, I do understand that funding comes from different places and that it is not all easily transferrable funds, but seriously we are listening to and watching ads about political promises that may or may not come to fruition. I think you can support your country in other ways than trying to buy your president into office.

Another problem I have with this political campaigning is the consistent distress within a political party. Even though a party is supposed to unite individuals to draw them to closer, we see below the belt shots dished out like it was a heavy weight fight in Vegas. Promises to play fairly are always made and never kept! Not surprising since they are competing to run our country but what a headache to listen to.

My last issue with the political system in place is that we have the best of the best flip floppers in the nation representing our country. I do believe in the war, I don't...I voted on this bill, I didn't...pick a position already. If you signed something you didn't look at...stop back pedaling and deal with it, or don't put your name on the damn bill in the first place. Everyone makes mistakes but not owning up to them is of poor character!

I hope that things settle as we finalize the party nominees for this 2008 presidential race...at least for the sanity of Americans everywhere!


**Some politcal humor for you**
With McCain cleaning up rather easily on the Republican side of things, I thought this was a funny picture to share regarding our two Democratic nominees...

No comments: