Monday, July 21, 2008

Da' Box

Since being done with school I have been more conscious about my time on the weekends and how great it has been. This weekend was no exception as I spent it visiting with friends, cruising on the lake, and dog sitting for Booker "T" (Paul and Allison's dog).

Ahh, "da box", as Uncle Thomas used to say. A few boxer dog names that have graced the presence of my extended family: Sootie, Gypsey, Otto, Newman, Tuffy, Elvis and Booker. Although most people assume these dogs were breed to be aggressive fighters that is not the case. Don't take them light heartedly either though as they are protective of their owners too. We saw this first hand with Booker as he protected our house from people walking by. Nothing like seeing a big dog in the window with a deep intimidating growl...fear, I love it. Who would have thought this 2 year old lover boy rescue boxer would adapt to us so quickly? He became my shadow for the next few days...and I loved it!

Pic: I got a few of these looks as if to say "dude, are your serious" or "when are these kids going to shut up". Funny stuff!

1 comment:

Paul said...

I am glad you enjoyed Captain Booker T. He is truly a great dog!