Monday, June 30, 2008

June 29th...today was a good day!

This day marks my 7 year wedding anniversary and also graduation from school forever (at least for now). Happy to be at both these points in my life I reflect on the past 7 years of marriage and 2 years of graduate coursework.

Did you know that most marriages end within 7 years(except in Hollywood where you're lucky to last more than 7 months)? In keeping with tradition we exchanged gifts, and for a 7 year anniversary the gifts are copper and wool. So my wife gave me some copper pipe and said this is to fix the kitchen sink and I gave her a wool sweater and told her to not turn on the heat in the winter anymore. Only kidding, but I couldn't resist. This humor though is reflective of what it takes to get to 7, 27, 47 years of marriage. In my young wisdom I have learned that life in general is a heck of a lot better when you laugh and find humor in situations.

As for school, that isn't very funny. I don't know why but 2 years ago I decided I like homework so much that I should do more of it...well not exactly. I wanted to teach at the collegiate level and now with my masters completed I begin to teach in fall at Concordia. I feel great and relieved to know I'm done and wondering what I am going to do with all my free time...perhaps its time to learn guitar from my little bro!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice reflections on marriage..life..yep..7 years...27 years...33 for us in August. You do have to laugh because life gets crazy...it never really gets easier..just different stresses and joys and different times in your life..we all have to be glad we have our health and our loved ones..that's what really counts..and God of course in our lives. I love you Rob. Mom

Bert said...

It doesn't get easier...not even a little???

Paul said...

Happy belated anniversary to you both. You have a lovely family! I agree, laughing is key.